by Elizabeth Martinez
Most of these items can be purchased online from YOGI TIMES’ eco-friendly boutique:
1. Yoga mat: The basic purpose of a yoga mat is to keep you from slipping. Every yogi has their own preference: texture, length, and thickness. Bring a mat that works for you to ensure you’re as comfortable as possible during every practice.
2. Mat towel: You might sweat a bit throughout class. A slippery mat can impact your grip. A mat towel will help you optimize your practice while keeping your mat clean.
3. Breathable clothing: It is important to select the right fit and make sure that the yoga clothes you choose give you the liberty to focus on yoga. If your focus is regularly diverted to the restrictiveness of the clothing, perhaps try a flowy top. If you’re distracted by adjusting a loose or hanging shirt, you might want something a bit more form fitting.
4. Props: Folded blankets, blocks, straps, and tennis balls are props that can be useful for you while you are practicing yoga. You may want to give a few props a try during class and decide which are most helpful for your personal practice.
5. Yoga videos: There are hundreds of options catering to various styles and preferences, so allow yourself time to find your favorites. ■
Read more on Yoga & Wellness in Bali www.yogitimes.com