Recipe by avara yaron Salads Sauces & Dressings Prep. Time: 15 min.
This delicious salad is easy to make and full of superfoods! Whisk together all dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
• Replace the poppy seeds with chia seeds
• Add finely grated ginger and/or turmeric
• Include finely minced or pressed garlic
Mix the chopped greens in a bowl or plate. In a separate bowl, add the apples, fennel, and shallots. Mix in the dressing and toss.
• Include thin slices of salak or turnip with the apples
• Substitute beet greens, baby romaine, or chard for the other greens
• Add mung bean or alfalfa sprouts
Spoon apple mixture onto the bed of mixed greens just before serving. Garnish with nasturtium blossoms.
1 cup (240 ml) fresh squeezed orange juice
1 tbsp (15 ml) orange zest
1 passion fruit, seeds, and juice
3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
1 tbsp (15 ml) poppy seeds
3/4 tsp (4.5 ml) sea salt
6 crisp apples, sliced
6 small fennel bulb, sliced
6 small shallots, minced
3 cups (720 ml) arugula, roughly chopped
2 cups (480 ml) baby spinach, roughly chopped
1 cup (240 ml) kale, finely chopped
1/2 cup (120 ml) parsley
A handful of steamed and chopped nasturtium blossoms.
Read more on Yoga & Wellness in Bali www.yogitimes.com