Many Buddhists create a special place within their homes or gardens for a prayer altar, complete with a Buddha statue. However, you don’t have to be a Buddhist in order to incorporate Buddha into your interior or exterior déco because placing it in your home can attract positive chi energy. There are many different Buddha’s out there, but if this is your first, start with the Laughing Buddha. He is also known as the Buddha of Wealth or the Buddha of Happiness.
Legend has it that he likes nothing better than coming into your home to smile away all troubles. And also – don’t forget to rub his belly! Many people believe that rubbing Buddha’s belly every day will bring luck and prosperity to everybody who lives in the house. But there are a few feng shui rules to follow so as not to offend the Buddha.
• Never place Buddha statue or picture in a bathroom or kitchen. Also, it should be at least at eye level. Looking down at a Gods is considered rude and irreverent. Avoid placing it near electrical outlets, elect or equipment with moving parts and motors. This type of activity disturbs the surrounding energy.
Best location for your Buddha:
• Facing the main door: Many feng shui con- sultants recommend placing the Buddha opposite the main front door of a home on a table that is about 80 centimeters high. This location allows Buddha to interact with the chi energy entering your home. From this po- sition, the statue can neutralize any negative chi, and transform it from damaging to the energy of luck.
• Living room: Buddha is also quite comfortable in the living room. The best position for Buddha in the living room is facing the front door.
• On a desk: Students should place Buddha on their desks. This is a perfect location to get a little help with lessons and evoke Bud- dha auspicious energy for fulfilling academic goals.
• Office table or reception’s desk: For those that own a business, placing Buddha on a reception’s desk can help bring prosperity to your company.
• Yoga room: If you practice yoga, then you have a special room or area in your home devote to your exercise. This is an excellent place for a Buddha statue. Just be sure to place it at eye level or higher.■